Forms of cooperation with FemFund depend on the needs of groups and organizations
For persons who are just getting started and do not have experience in fundraising. Or they have an idea for a feminist initiative. Recruitment takes place at the beginning of every year (most often in January):
For groups that suddenly need urgent money. Right now, during the next few days, they must conduct a feminist intervention or seize an opportunity that cannot wait. Recruitment lasts continuously throughout the year:
For groups or organizations that are looking for developmental, long-term support. The flexible cash will ensure independence, stability, and financial security, so that they can do feminist work on a daily basis. Recruitment begins in autumn (most often in September):
Under three grant programs, groups, collectives and organizations can receive money for the implementation of any feminist idea, for everyday needs and for urgent actions. Two of these programs also have extended versions, in which cooperation with the Fund can be extended by several years.
What groups do we support
FemFund grant recipients may be non-governmental organizations and informal groups that identify with the feminist movement and work for women, queer, non-binary, intersex and / or transgender people in various places in Poland. Depending on the program, Applicants may be just starting their business (MiniGrants, Feminist Emergency) or should already have experience, including the competences, resources and procedures to reliably manage a large grant (Power Grants).
We support groups and organizations that:
- are active within a specific local community and outside large urban centers (Łódź, Kraków, Poznań, Tricity, Warsaw, Wrocław),
- they associate and act for the benefit of people particularly exposed to discrimination,
- believe in profound, feminist change that strikes structures that reproduce all forms of oppression and destroy traditional power relations,
- they are close to feminism based on social justice, intersectionality, inclusiveness, self-determination, solidarity,
- implement feminist values in their daily practices and self-organize (e.g. through collective decision-making, concern for the well-being of the team, caring for the availability of their activities),
- have a clear vision of their development and long-term feminist change,
- conduct non-standard feminist activities and represent a new approach to solving various problems.
We do not support groups/organizations that question the rights of some women, girls and/or the rights of queer, non-binary, intersex and transgender persons because of who they are, the work they do or their position in society.